[Ect_cois] ECT leads and coIs call reminder today 1pm Eastern

Reeves, Geoffrey D reeves at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 19 12:36:41 EDT 2013

Here's another update from the SOC.

I'm starting to produce some of the new data products that we talked about at our last team meeting. That's one good reason for not having our team meetings too far apart - it sets guilt deadlines nicely.

Here's one that we talked about that I submit for comments and suggestions. We wanted to have monthly plots of flux as a function of L and time. Here's a format I think would work well. We have REPT fluxes at the top in MeV units and MagEIS fluxes at the bottom in keV units. I think it shows dynamics pretty nicely all the way from 100 keV to 5.6 MeV. A couple of things to consider are:
• Common color bars or different color bars for each energy channel?
• Do we want to include inner belt fluxes (L<2) or wait until we have background corrections incorporated?
• Do we want to see pixels or smooth the plots?
• Landscape or portrait (for powerpoint)?

The first plot here is L = 1-6.5 no smoothing. The second is L= 2.5-6.5 with smoothing.

Once we get the machinery in place I'll also be making mission-to-date plots that should update continuously through the month.

cheers
Geoff

On Apr 19, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Harlan Spence <Harlan.Spence at unh.edu<mailto:Harlan.Spence at unh.edu>>