[Crater-team] Another six-month data point on the CRatER GCR LET time series

Mark D Looper mark.d.looper at aero.org
Mon Mar 18 20:59:52 EDT 2024

Hello—

                I think I sent you an earlier version of this (with one fewer spectrum) last fall.  I would like to place the LET spectra from our 2020 paper on the Zenodo archive and update the collection as time goes on, with a new spectrum every 6 months.  The most recent spectrum (and the dose rate calculated from it) has fallen well below the previous low mark, set during the solar maximum around 2014.

I have to get permission from the Aerospace legal folks to effect the necessary distribution license on Zenodo; my efforts to obtain this kind of ran dry around AGU time, but I need to start pushing on that Sisyphean rock again, in particular so I can put the GLACE model out there in time to publish the paper about it.  I attach a text file with the spectra and a README file describing its contents, with plots that update the ones in the 2020 paper and that correct an error I made there in combining high-LET bins for better statistics.

Enjoy—
--Mark

Mark D. Looper, PhD
Space Sciences Department