[Crater-team] Proper Processing of CRaTER Data (1-second shift?)

Anthony Case tonycase at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 24 10:41:41 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm hoping somebody can remind me of the proper time-synching of PRI, SEC,
HK, and lro_spice files.

As I recall, the primary science packets are tagged with the time of the
second in which they are *sent*, meaning that the data were actually
recorded during the prior second.  So to properly compare with secondary
science to get the configuration of the instrument, you need to compare the
primary science data from second "n" to the secondary science from second
"n-1".

Is this time shift accounted for in the L2 files? Or do I need to do that
myself?

Does the same shift need to happen with the lro_spice files and
housekeeping files?

Tony

Anthony Case

Astrophysicist

High Energy Astrophysics Division (HEAD/SSXG)

Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Cell: (617) 304 0768

60 Garden Street | MS 58 | Cambridge, MA 02138