[Crater-team] When is next CRaTER telecon?

Mark D Looper mark.d.looper at aero.org
Wed Dec 19 14:55:28 EST 2018

Hello—

                Nobody was on the telecon today, and I presume the next two Wednesdays, being the days after two holidays, are off; does that mean our next call will be on January 9?  That’s the day after the LPSC abstract deadline; which of us are going?

                I am picking up the pieces after AGU; I hadn’t forgotten that I was going to look at D3/D4 side penetrators, but I plan to get that together today.  I was not able to complete all the stripping and processing of my simulation results about variations in lunar albedo; the last big piece is to assemble the analysis of the effect of slope on albedo, which I am working on now.  With that, and a couple of final tweaks (adding GCR Z>2 results to H/He in some plots), I’ll have everything I was planning to put in the paper.  After that I will port my ancient (2010) sensor response code to the newest version of Geant4 and re-run it with more particle species, more statistics, and better physics; this will set me up for a revisit of albedo doubles background subtraction (e.g., I’d really like to explain some of the ad hoc stuff like the altitude correction) and LET spectrum background subtraction, which I have been meaning to do for some years now.

Enjoy whatever break you have time for over the holidays!
--Mark

p.s. Can I get an enumeration of crater-team at lists.sr.unh.edu<mailto:crater-team at lists.sr.unh.edu>? I don’t want to use it blindly and clutter the in-boxes of people not interested in down-in-the-weeds background subtraction…

Mark D. Looper
Space Sciences Department
The Aerospace Corporation
M/S M2-260