[Colsa-premise-users] BUSCO v3

Westbrook, Anthony S Anthony.Westbrook at unh.edu
Mon May 22 17:00:26 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone -

As many people make use of BUSCO on Premise, we wanted to notify everyone of the upgrade to version 3.0.0.  In this newest version, BUSCO now reads in many parameters from a configuration file, "config.ini", that should be placed in the working directory.  A template of this file can be copied and renamed from here:

/mnt/lustre/software/linuxbrew/colsa/Cellar/busco/3.0.0/libexec/config/config.ini.default

Please note, much of the configuration template has already been updated for file paths specific to Premise.  It should only be necessary to alter the top of the "config.ini" file to the parameters appropriate for your assembly.  These parameters may also continue to be specified as command line arguments, which will override any values in the "config.ini" file.

If you have any issues with the new version of BUSCO, please let me know.

Thanks -

Toni Westbrook
Computational Scientist
Research Computing Center, College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
University of New Hampshire
Office: 436 Gregg Hall