[Colsa-premise-users] New Premise Software

Westbrook, Anthony S Anthony.Westbrook at unh.edu
Mon Mar 6 10:16:08 EST 2017

Hi Everyone -

This is a note for COLSA users of the premise cluster regarding some recent software and documentation additions.

One of our goals is to ensure the requisite software relevant to your research is installed on the cluster, particularly commonly used packages.  Hopefully this will help reduce the preparation and troubleshooting time involved in installing your own copy of each package.  Given that, we have introduced a new module, "linuxbrew/colsa", that provides a wide variety of bioinformatics and other scientific tools when loaded during your session.  Currently, the linuxbrew/colsa module offers the following applications:

abyss

maker

bamtools

mafft

raxml

blast

mrbayes

repeatmasker

bowtie 1 & 2

muscle

rmblast

bwa

paladin

samtools

exabayes

perl

snap

exonerate

python2

spades (separate module)

hmmer

python3

qiime (separate module)

We are actively installing other requested packages and will have them available soon.  We will be updating the premise website<http://premise.sr.unh.edu/> to document these tools as well.

Additionally, we have developed a Quick Start Tutorial<http://premise.sr.unh.edu/HPC%20Quick%20Start.pdf> that outlines what HPC is, how to obtain a premise account, and other helpful information for those new to cluster computing.  Please feel free to share this guide with others who might be interested.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks -

Toni Westbrook
Computational Scientist
Research Computing Center, College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
University of New Hampshire
Offices: 219 Morse Hall, 436 Gregg Hall